Thursday, September 24, 2009

Phresh vodka pt.1

The product is called “Phresh”(Fresh) vodka. This new vodka doesn’t get you sloppy drunk so that you can still enjoy whatever it is that you are doing. It is great for mixing and it comes in regular and in lemon flavor. I didn’t want it to have too many flavors that will take away from the image that I was creating. I want the liquor to be able to fit your lifestyle; by being able to mix it with your normal drinks you can do that. I only did the flavor lemon because the fresh citrus taste goes with the concept of the name.

Coming up with this product I had to do some research. “Marketing research is the process of planning, collecting, and analyzing data relevant to a marketing decision” (Lamb, pg. 114). My first step was researching the different types of vodka that already exist and how they were marketed. I also researched who they market to. I saw that even though the Hip-Hop culture is known for their parties and lavish drinks; the liquor they choose to show off in their videos and at their houses wasn’t really marketed towards them. I felt that with the change in Hip-Hop’s image it deserves it’s own signature liquor that was actually made with them in mind. I look at it like the change of clothing over the years. In the beginning it was sweat suits and sneakers. Now they are wearing tailored suits and button ups. In regards to this product before there were 40 oz. of Old English and now with “Phresh” they have it’s tailor made drinks. It’s classy while still not forgetting where it came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment