Thursday, September 10, 2009

EOC WEEK 9: Pricing

When shopping there are a lot of things that I consider; I look at where I’m shopping, when I’m shopping, who is with me, and most important what I am shopping for. The place is a factor because there are certain places where I just won’t spend over a certain amount. For example Target, I like their products and the way the store looks but some of their things are priced way too high for me. If I am going to pay $300 dollars for a blanket, I won’t buy it from target I will get it from Macy’s with a designer name. The people that I am with are a factor because I spend more money when I am shopping with friends than when I am shopping with my mom. The time is a factor because if I am shopping on the weekend I have more time to compare and bargain verses when I am shopping on a week day when I don’t have as much time. The thing I am shopping for is a factor because depending on the item I will shop for it differently.


One situation I was looking for an Adidas track jacket to add to my collection. I was in New York at this store called Yellow Rat Bastard on Broadway. I love this place every time I am in the city I have to go there. Anyway this jacket was about $85, which is a reasonable price for some jackets, but for this one it was a little more expensive. I knew that I could probably order it for less or just find it in another store. However I wanted to wear it latter on that day to a party so I didn’t want to chance it. Basically I paid extra so I could wear it that day. This is what people do; they pick and choose what is important to them at the time and spend accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment