Thursday, July 30, 2009

Week 3 EOC: How I Buy Stuff

“A lifestyle is a mode of living, as identified by a person’s activities, interests, and opinions.” (MKTG, Lamb, pg. 76)

As far as how I make my purchases, every product has a different buying process. I tend to not follow trends but sometimes my interest happens to be parallel with what’s “hot.” I’m not your typical female consumer. I buy what fits me as a person. For example sometimes buy Complex Magazine, it’s a men’s magazine but they give good information on sneakers. Now does this mean I want to be a guy, No. It just means I’m not into heels and things like that. I guess you can say that I buy to fit my lifestyle.

My lifestyle is urban, Hip-Hop, and mobile. Because of this there are certain things that I will buy and not buy. With the Hip-Hop side certain things I buy to fit this is Music, which is mostly Rap and R&B. As far as Urban it’s clothing. Most of the clothes I buy for everyday wear are jeans, t-shirts, and exclusive sneakers. I buy business attire solely because I have to so that I can go to things such as an interview. I try to research a product if necessary. I feel that if I am giving you my money I want to know that you appreciate me as a customer. Sometimes I may hear of a brand I normally buy as being racist. In this case I would do my own research and then come to a conclusion on if I would continue to support it or not.

Now there are brands that cater to a certain lifestyle of their consumers so basically I just look to see which on caters to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment