Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Quality Customer Experience

Last week I decided that I would buy a new digital camera. Now I have been seeing those Coolpix commercials every time I would turn on the television, and by the fifth time I was looking in the paper to see where I could find one. I saw that Best Buy had a few models on sale so I decided to go and check them out. As I was looking at the cameras they had I saw the one I wanted it was its latest model and it had all the cool things that I didn’t understand but felt that I needed it.

A worker came up to me and asked if he could assist me. I told him all he had to do was get me this red Coolpix and I will be on my way. The worker said he would do that for me but asked if he could show me another camera before I made my purchase. I agreed and he brought me a Kodak that looked like the Coolpix but it was almost $100 cheaper. When I saw that I asked him what’s wrong with the Kodak since he was trying to get rid of it. He then told me that although the Coolpix was “Cool” the pictures were horrible. He even went a step further and compared the two online so I could see for myself. He was right, the Kodak was a better camera for me and that was the camera I left the store with.

The moral of this story is, “don’t buy the name…. buy the product.” Going into the store I wasn’t looking for a product good for me. I was looking for the Nikon camera cause I just thought that Nikon could do no wrong. The worker helped me see that Nikon didn’t do too hot with this one. Now every time I go to Best Buy I will be asking for Dustin because I know he won’t sell me anything with low quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment