Thursday, July 23, 2009

Me as the Consumer EOC Week 2

I consider myself to be in the Hip-Hop demographic. My income is not that high so I buy according to what I can reuse or have for a long period of time. This also makes me a very picky customer, but once a brand makes me happy I am loyal to it. For example I am a diehard sneaker fan. It is part of my lifestyle. I don’t just but sneakers to walk around in, I buy them because it’s a part of my culture. I spend a lot of time figuring out what shoes to buy. Like I said before my income is very little so I only buy once maybe twice a year. When I am buying shoes the quality as well as style is very important to me. They need to be stylish enough so that I wear them for more than a few months and stable enough so they can last until I bought the next pair. I remember I use to be very loyal to the Nike brand, I was going on a trip and I bought these White on White Air Max. They were beautiful, I took them home packed them and went on my three day trip. By the third day the sole of my left foot was coming off. I called the store and told them I was bringing them back for an exchange. I went back and exchanged them for a pair of Adidas Shelltoe Superstars, white with silver stripes.


Now the story about the Air Max was 10 years ago. I still buy Adidas and I still have those shelltoes. You see a consumer like me will pay top bucks for what they consider a top product. I just don’t have the money right now to waste on a shoe that will tear up in three days. I do understand that Nike is still a good brand but I can’t afford to give second chances so you only have one shot. Shoes aren’t the only thing I buy carefully. It’s everything that I put value on or eat. I only buy certain brands if they work I stay with them if they don’t I find one that does. As being part of the Hip-Hop Culture I buy clothes with styles that aren’t afraid to be different. Hip-Hop is about expression, the more products that give me the options the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment